Exercise is right for your health and can help you lose weight. But if you’re spending a lot of time busy, have a sedentary job, and don’t exercise regularly.
The good news is that it is never too late to start. And also, you can start small and find methods to be more physically active in your life.
To get the most benefit, you have to try to get the recommended amount of exercise for your age. If you do, you will feel better, help prevent or control many diseases, and may even live longer.
What are the Benefits of Exercise?
1. Control your Weight
- Along with diet, exercise plays a vital role in controlling your weight and preventing obesity.
- The energy you expend in your daily activities must equal the calories you eat or drink to maintain your weight.
- And also, to lose weight, you must burn more calories than you consume.
2. Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
- Exercise strengthens your heart and betters your circulation. Increased blood flow raises oxygen levels in your body.
- It helps lower the risk of heart diseases like high cholesterol, coronary artery disease, and heart attack.
- And also, regular exercise can lower blood pressure and triglyceride levels.
3. Control Blood sugar and Insulin Levels
- Exercise can lower your blood sugar and aid your insulin work better. It can reduce your risk of metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes.
- And also, if you already have one of these conditions, exercise can help you manage it
4. Quitting Smoking
- Exercise can make it easier to quit smoking, reducing your cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
- And also, it can help limit possible weight gain from quitting.
5. Improve your Mental Health and Mood
- During exercise, your body free chemicals that can better your mood and make you feel more relaxed.
- And also, it can help you cope with stress and reduce your risk of depression.
6. Maintain your Brain
- Exercise stimulates your body to free proteins and other chemicals that improve your brain’s structure and function.
7. Strengthen your Bones and Muscles
- Regular exercise can help make the bones of children and teens stronger. And also, over the years, age-related loss of bone density can decrease.
- Doing muscle-strengthening activities can help you build or maintain muscle mass and strength.
8. Reduce the Risk of Some Cancer
- Including colon, breast, uterine, and lung cancer
9. Reduce the Risk of Falls
- For older adults, balancing and muscle-strengthening activities and moderate aerobic exercise can reduce the risk of falls.
10. Better Sleep
- Exercise can aid you in falling asleep faster and stay asleep longer.
11. Improve your Sexual Health
- Regular exercise can reduce the risk of erectile dysfunction in men.
- For those who already have this problem, exercise can help improve your sexual function. And also, in women, exercise can increase sexual arousal.
12. Increase your Chances of Living Longer
- Physical activity can reduce the risk of dying prematurely from leading causes of death, such as heart disease and some types of cancer.
Types of Exercise
People exercise for different reasons. You can do strength training to build your muscles, yoga to relax, or soccer to better your fitness—these types of exercise advantage your health in different methods.
Whatever the reason for exercising, the best way to ensure overall fitness and health is to seek a mix of the main types of exercise:
- Strength (endurance)
- And also, Flexibility exercise.
1. Aerobic Exercise
To have a healthy heart, you need to do aerobic exercise. Any activity that uses oxygen lifts your heart rate and makes you slightly out of breath.
Not only does it retain your heart, lungs, and blood vessels healthy, but it also improves your fitness level. Cooperate aerobic exercise with a balanced diet, and you are well on your way to maintaining a healthy weight. And also, of the different types of aerobic exercises available, there is one that is sure to suit you.
Walk: It is an excellent aerobic exercise for all ages. It also exerts little stress on your joints, which is why it is useful if you are beginning to exercise.
Riding a bicycle: It is suitable for improving your fitness and helps strengthen your upper leg muscles. It helps with balance and is an excellent way to get around.
Swimming: It exercises your whole body but does not put tremendous stress on your joints. And also, you can go at your own pace and gradually grow your effort.
Aerobics: Understand music-coordinated workout routines with a guiding instructor who helps make it fun. Why not make it a weekly way and go with friends to stay motivated?
Running: Consume more calories than walking and improve your fitness. It would also help if you hardly had any special equipment and can change your path to make it more fun.
Football: Group sports are a great way to stay motivated because team members trust and support each other. You don’t require more equipment to play soccer, and soccer provides an excellent opportunity to make friends.
2. Strength Exercise (Endurance)
- By including strength exercises in your exercise program, you can improve your posture and give your body a more toned appearance.
- Plus, muscle blaze more calories than inactive tissue, even when you’re resting, so building muscle mass will help you maintain a healthy weight, which is a bonus.
- Strength training involves moving your muscles against some resistance, which is why you will hear it called resistance training. You can use elastic bands, free weights (such as dumbbells), weight lifting machines, or just your body weight.
- And also, aim for strength training two or three times a week and work for all the body’s major muscle groups.
- And don’t go straight for the most massive weight you can lift; find the right level that allows you to perform a set of eight to 12 repetitions.
- Although you can go to a gym or lift weights at home, there are many everyday activities, such as shopping or gardening, that can help you tone and strengthen your muscles.
3. Flexibility Exercise
- If you don’t stretch your muscles regularly, there is a risk that they will shorten or become less elastic.
- It also reduces the ability of your joints to move and increases stiffness and your risk of injury.
- Try to do some flexibility exercises for a few minutes each day. These exercises should stretch all the major muscles in your lower and upper body.
- Yoga, Pilates, and Tai Chi include many exercises that focus on flexibility and plasticity. You relax and stretch your body in different positions and then hold them while you focus on your breathing.
- You may be surprised how much they can increase your flexibility and strength and help you relax and improve your circulation, balance, and posture.
How to Exercise Regularly?
1. Make your Daily Activities more Intense
- Even small changes can help. And also, you can take the stairs instead of using the elevator.
- You are walking to a co-worker’s office instead of sending an email. And also, wash the car yourself. Park your car further from your destination.
2. Being Active with Friends and Family
- Having an exercise buddy can help you enjoy being active more. Additionally, you can plan social activities that involve exercise.
- You may also consider joining a group or class, such as a dance class, a hiking club, or a volleyball team.
3. Keep Track of Your Progress
- Keeping track of your activity using a physical activity tracker such as Must Motivate will help you set goals and stay motivated during your journey to stay fit.
4. Entertaining with Exercise
- Try listening to music or watching television time exercising.
- And also change things up a bit. If you only do one type of exercise, you may get bored. And also, try to do a combination of activities.
5. Find Activities
- You can also walk in a mall, mount stairs, or work out of the gym, even preventing you from going out.
Recommendations for Exercise
It obtains an excellent physical shape and optimal benefits when doing sports. It is advisable to have some guidelines and follow them:
- Get moderate aerobic exercise (running, walking, cycling, or swimming) for a minimum of 30 minutes five days a week, or vigorous exercise for at least 20 minutes three times a week.
- At least two non-consecutive days a week, it is advisable to practice exercises strengthening muscle groups (arms, shoulders, chest, abdomen, back, hips, and legs).
- And also, it would help if you did between 8 and 12 specific exercises. Three sets of 15 repetitions of each will suffice.
- When you finish playing sports, it is essential to stretch the exercise area to maintain most muscle groups and tendons’ flexibility.
It offers incredible benefits that can better nearly every aspect of your health from the inside out. Regular physical activity can also increase hormones that make you feel happier and help you sleep better.
It can also improve your skin’s appearance, aid you lose weight, keep it off, lessen the danger of chronic disease, and better your sex life.
If you use a specific sport or follow the guideline of 150 minutes of exercise per week, you will inevitably improve your health in many methods.
For More: Mashable Online