Fever is a syndrome that is accompanied by hyperthermia and which, at the same time.
It is a response mechanism to agents of an infectious nature or resorption toxins. That is, it helps the body to fight septic and aseptic fever.
On the other hand, the primary fever levels are; Low-grade fever with a temperature of 37.5 to 38.5, craze between 37.5 – 38.5 – 41 and 42 ° C and Hyperpyrexia equal to or greater than 41 and 42 ° C.
What are the Symptoms of Fever?
On the other hand, the main symptoms and signs of fever are:
- Hot skin,
- Circulatory disorders,
- Humoral pain,
- Blood pressure,
- Decreased appetite,
- Facial features,
- Heart rate,
- Feeling cold,
- Stopped sweating,
- Loss of concentration,
- Pale skin and
- And also, Goosebumps.
What are the Causes of Fever?
Consequently, the leading causes that give rise to fever are:
- Stimulation of the immune system in the face of infectious agents,
- Blood clots,
- Some medications, withdrawal from a psychotropic substance,
- Heat is caused by industrial machinery or heat stroke. and
- And also many diseases.
Likewise, the main consequences of fever are:
- Cellular stress,
- Heart attack,
- Tissue necrosis,
- Paroxysmal attacks,
- General malaise,
- Other effects that weaken the body.
Best 10 Home Remedies for Fever
Fever brings with it various discomforts, and that is why solutions must seek. The person with a fever may feel cold, chills, body aches, and glassy eyes. Walking or sitting is not easy at times, and you generally don’t have much energy to keep up with everyday activities.
In addition to resorting to home remedies to reduce fever, it is essential to stay hydrated. It is also especially important if there is also diarrhea and vomiting, as all this leads to dehydration quickly.
1. Lettuce Infusion
- An infusion of lettuce reduces fever and hydrates. If the body temperature rises above 37º, drinking lettuce tea provides excellent relief.
- Lettuce has cooling properties and contains nutrients that help hydration.
- Lettuce has potassium, magnesium, calcium, sodium, and phosphorus.
- All of these are minerals that help the body to regain electrolytes that fever makes it lose.
- To prepare it, submerge lettuce leaves in boiling water and let it rest until calm. This home remedy to fight fever can be taken as many times as needed.
2. Staying Cool
- Although there is a feeling of cold, you have to stay calm and not cover yourself too much, and for this, it is advisable not to protect yourself with heavy clothing.
- On the contrary, wearing light and cool fabrics that do not increase body heat is ideal.
- Whenever possible, you have to take care that the room is ventilated and not too hot. It, accompanied by some other home remedy for fever, is beneficial.
- Among the many uses of ginger is to help fight the fever.
- This root is a natural antiviral and also strengthens the immune system, so consuming ginger helps fight whatever is causing the fever.
- A simple option is to drink ginger infusion throughout the day.
- And also, you can even put ginger powder or ginger oil in the bathtub and relax there.
- It is ideal for letting it rest for a few minutes before entering the bathtub.
4. Cold Water Cloths
- Coldwater washcloths are an effective way to control a fever. This alternative is straightforward and works quickly.
- You have to dip clean clothes in cold water and place it on the patient’s forehead or stomach.
- This home remedy to fight a fever works best with absorbent towels or clothes.
- The cloth’s temperature must also monitor; every time it starts to feel cold, it should change to a cold one, and so on.
5. Peppermint Essential Oil
- Peppermint essential oil can help lower fever.
- Among the many uses of essential oils, there is the property of helping combat specific ailments or ailments.
- Peppermint, in particular, is very efficient in reducing body heat.
- One option for using peppermint essential oil is to drop the feet’ temples, abdomen, and soles.
- It is also delicious to dilute two drops in a liter of water and drink it throughout the day.
6. Fenugreek Infusion
- Fenugreek is a culinary spice, and it can also fight a fever.
- Among its known properties is to help reduce hot flashes of menopause, and it is a plant rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Use fenugreek to fight the fever. It is best to use the seeds to prepare an infusion.
- Two tablespoons of seeds use, which pour into boiling water.
- They should be left to rest for about 10 minutes and can be drunk throughout the day until you feel better.
7. Egg White
- Egg white can also help fight a fever.
- The egg white’s viscosity has a gel-like consistency and has a very comfortable natural temperature.
- These characteristics make it a substance that helps to refresh.
- You can dip a cloth in egg white and wrap the feet.
- The rag begins to feel warm to keep the temperature of the area cool.
8. Infusion of Sage
- The infusion of sage is a plant with refreshing characteristics.
- It also represents a simple drink to prepare, and you can add honey and lemon juice to enhance its effects.
- On the other hand, it is a good-tasting drink that you can enjoy a lot.
- Prepare it. Sage leaves immerse in a cup of boiling water.
- Let it rest for about 10 minutes, and add a tablespoon of honey and half a lemon juice.
- This infusion, in addition to refreshing, helps to hydrate the body.
9. Drink Water
- Without a doubt, the most straightforward remedy is to drink water. Water alone hydrates and refreshes the body.
- For this reason, it is crucial to drink a glass of water regularly when you have a fever.
- The recommendation is a glass of water every hour. until the fever persists.
- Anyway, do not forget about herbal teas and other home remedies, which also help refresh and hydrate.
10. Light Foods
- To overcome the discomforts of fever, do not stop eating.
- L best is to eat light, and for this reason, the recommendation is to eat foods that provide vitamins and nutrients but do not lead to heavy digestion.
- And also, the main thing is to restore body temperature and also recover lost fluids.
- It can be fruit, a salad, or a vegetable broth, and this type of food provides hydration and nutrients to help the body heal.
Fever is not a disease, but a protection mechanism of the body and about the immune system’s stimulation.
In the face of any bacteria, virus, infection, external agents, or diseases and the body to fight with them, it is a symptom. And also, the temperature rises in response so that they cannot survive.
However, if the fever is very high at 41 and 42 ° C and persistent, you must go to a doctor and do not self-medicate.
For More: Techies City