Table of Contents
What is WhiteFish?
WhiteFish contains high-quality protein, B vitamins, and minerals such as phosphorus, calcium, iron, and copper. It also provides a high protein content (between 15% and 20%) that our body needs to function correctly.
What are the Benefits of WhiteFish?
As we have been discussing, the regular intake of white fish offers several health benefits that can be summarized as follows:
- Prevent muscle atrophy, osteoporosis, cardiovascular disease.
- They guarantee the contribution of vitamins of group B.
- They stabilize thyroid function.
The consumption of white fish is associated with a better state of health, without a doubt. For this reason, it recommends that they be a fundamental part of any diet.
It is beneficial that the presence of fish exceeds that of meat every week. It varies between the different types of seafood found in the supermarket to ensure that your diet tends to be healthy.
What is the List of WhiteFish?
Among the best-known white fish species, we find hake (the most consumed in the Basque Country), cod, sea bream, scorpionfish, sea bass, rooster, sea bream, monkfish, or turbot. Of the blue family, the most popular are tuna, sardines, anchovies, salmon, bonito, or eel.
- Sea bream
Let’s analyze the white family based on their health benefits. We highlight the sea bream (rich in Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and high biological value), cod, and scorpionfish (both with vitamin B and minerals).
Properties of WhiteFish
Fish is one of the best combinations for a balanced diet due to its many benefits.
A serving of white fish of about 100 grams has between 70 and 90 calories, and its percentage of fat is minimal, so the species that fall into this category are recommended for low-calorie diets.
One of the main virtues of white fish is easy digestion. Before gastroenteritis episodes, white fish such as hake or whiting are on the list of recommended foods. Of course, they always steam, grilled, or boiled.
proteins Whitefish contain high biological value proteins, which provide essential amino acids that our body needs to function correctly.
Although it provides fewer vitamins than oily fish, white fish also contains vitamins, especially group B.
Fish such as cod, monkfish, or turbot are high in phosphorus. This mineral contributes to the preservation of bones and teeth in normal conditions, including in our diets.
What are the Types of WhiteFish?
In the market, it is possible to find a multitude of white fish. For this reason, we want to tell you which are the three main ones and the nutrients they contribute to the body.
- Hake is a food that can only be fished offshore, in cold waters. It is typical of the northern seas, and throughout the year, it is for sale in the leading supermarket chains.
- It has an adequate freezing capacity so that it can preserve for several months. These whitefish characterize by its low-calorie content and proteins of high biological value in its composition.
- It should note that these nutrients are essential when it comes to fighting the pathologies that cause muscle atrophy.
- In turn, this marine product is a source of micronutrients, such as group B vitamins, for example. It also contains minerals such as phosphorus and calcium, the latter being a determining factor in preventing osteoporosis.
- Its regular intake has been shown to reduce the risk of fractures in women who have passed menopause. In this stage of life, estrogen concentrations decrease, favouring the loss of bone mass.
- Calcium and phosphorus are necessary to stabilize this mineral balance in the bone.
2. Sea Bream
- Sea bream is another of the white fish that live in cold waters, far from the coast. In this case, it is less common to find it in its frozen form since it usually consumes fresh.
- Like hake, this precious product contains all the essential amino acids that the body needs to ensure tissue repair. Leucine stands out among them, as it has the highest anabolic potential for muscle building.
- In parallel, sea bream stands out for its high iodine content. This mineral is useful during the treatment and prevention of some thyroid pathologies.
- It is possible to reduce the symptoms of hypothyroidism from an increase in the contribution of this mineral.
- We cannot neglect the organoleptic qualities of sea bream, making it a highly appreciated white fish, making the product more expensive. It is common to find this food as the protagonist of a menu in celebrations and special days.
3. Sea Bass
- In the same way as sea bream, sea bass is a highly appreciated product from a gastronomic perspective. It is a rockfish that can find near the coast in its wild state. It usually inhabits cliffs or areas where the tide hits hard.
- However, most of the seabass available for sale are farmed, which can alter their lipid profile. The highest quality is wild ones, although they also have a higher price.
- The seabass stands out for its easy digestion and the contribution of proteins of high biological value. Also, its regular consumption is associated with a lower risk of developing cardiovascular pathologies.
- This relationship extends, of course, to the intake of fish in general. Although the tastiest way to prepare this food bake, you can achieve very satisfactory results also on the grill.
- The important thing is not to fry it, avoid trans fats, and increase its energy value.
- KNOW MORE:- divineworldbe