Three Critical Things to Remember When Injured by a Negligent Person
Personal Injury Case – There are three crucial things to remember in a personal injury case.
1. The first is not admitting fault or saying, “I am so sorry.” Statements such as these tend to make others look at you as the one who caused the accident. Words such as these can hurt a solid personal injury lawsuit where it was not your fault.
2. The second thing to remember is never to think you can represent yourself in a settlement or a court of law. You will be up against some expert and skilled attorneys who do not want you to win a settlement.
- The last thing to remember is that you must prove that the other person was negligent when you file a personal injury claim. No personal injury happens unless someone is negligent in their actions.
Never Settle or Go to Court Without Your Attorney by Your Side
Most victims of a personal injury claim do not have the skill and expertise it takes to win adequate compensation without the help of an insurance claim attorney. It is wise to remember that no one wants to pay you a dime, including your insurance company.
Your agent works for your insurance company and believe us when we say, “No insurance company wants to pay you any more than they must.” Self-representation means you will not get the compensation you deserve.
The Who, What, Where, and Why of Personal Injury Claims
Personal injuries and personal death situations happen because some person, any sized company, a group of people, or a product manufacturer was so negligent that their failure to pay attention caused minor or severe physical or emotional injury to another person or persons. This negligence can be so significant that it causes one or more people’s death.
The list of persons and companies that individuals can sue for failure to pay attention to is limitless.
While these lawsuits pertain to humans as a whole, personal injury and death can also pertain to vet doctors when caring for your beloved pet. Any professional having anything to do with human or animal healthcare is open to a lawsuit, such as, but not limited to,
- Individual everyday citizens
- Retail stores3.
- Grocery stores
- Osteopathic Doctors
- Medical Doctors
- Lab professionals
- Nurses at all levels, from LPNs to Nurse Practitioners
- Para Medics
- Alternative Practitioners
- Imaging Specialists and much more
- Veterinarian Doctors
- Transportation Authorities
- The Military
- Family members
- Friends and more
Yes, people can even sue the President of the United States, providing they have a solid case valid for all personal injury cases. There are scores more people in all walks of life, age levels, race, and gender who can be sued or sue someone else.
Businesses and manufacturers of all products are held accountable for the safety of the products they make and sell. Manufacturers must set a safety standard and meet this standard every time the product hits retail shelves and the public buys and uses the product.
One great example is children’s car seats. Another example is cars, in general, being released onto the public marketplace with a possible glitch in production that can cause harm to the driver and occupants. It is not long before the glitch is brought to the attention of the automaker and the product is on a recall notice to fix the problem before a consumer becomes injured.
Personal injury attorneys see many personal injury claims filed against anyone, anywhere, at any time, and for anything. There are, however, the more common personal injury cases we frequently see.
These individual injury cases involve car accidents, trucking accidents, and an extensive list of medical mishaps, causing a personal injury case to develop. The most common issues we have are,
- Wrongful death
- Neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal Cord injuries
- Nursing home abuse
- Burn injuries
- A fire caused by a defective product
What a Personal Injury Attorney Do for My Claim?
- How we go to work for you is in the example of a car accident that was not your fault, but you suffered severe injuries. We study the facts of what happened in your crash and show that you were not at fault.
- We negotiate with the insurance companies.
- We calculate your past, present, and future losses related to the significance of your injuries and determine a fair settlement amount based on your injuries and future prognosis.
- We measure your ability to go back to work at the job you left.
- We will negotiate a settlement, and if a settlement cannot be reached, we are prepared to go to court, and we stand by your side from beginning to end.
- We will not take your case if our skilled attorneys do not think you have a solid negligence case in your injury claim.
The critical thing to remember is to please make sure that you call a personal injury and wrongful death lawyer. You would not want to hire a family lawyer, a corporation lawyer, a bankruptcy attorney, or other specialties for a personal injury issue. An attorney, like a medical doctor, is skilled only in the branch of law they studied. Our areas of expertise include the following, and each has a wide variety of options. When you have been injured in a personal injury mishap, call us immediately to go over your case, and we will let you know if you have a winning case. Our firm handles claims for,
- Car accidents
- Personal injury
- Wrongful death
- Spinal injuries
- Estate planning and litigation and more
In addition to your attorney being skilled in personal injury cases, your attorney needs to,
- Take time with you and listen to your concerns. Listening to you is how your attorney can get the best settlement to help pay for mounting expenses that were not your fault.
- Show compassion
- Educate you in your injury case
- Remove your stress and anxiety and take care of you, our client.
- Earn your trust
- Keep promises
- Are affordable and sensitive to your budget.
- Are sensitive to your injuries or the death of a family member
- Be reassuring
- Be your communicators with other lawyers, insurance companies, and others.
No personal injury case claim is the same. Circumstances are always different. What is the same in the cases we review is that your life is turned upside down. Everyone who files a personal injury claim desires to see a successful outcome. Successful outcomes do two things.
- Outcomes recoup the compensation you need to help with mounting bills as you could not work and perhaps will never work again. You need a settlement to help you.
- A successful outcome delivers the justice you and your family seek and closes the chapter with one of life’s most challenging times.
A Call to Action on Personal Injury Claims
Know that as soon as your life is affected by a personal injury due to another person’s negligence, you need to seek medical attention, have someone document everything related to your accident, try to get pictures, if possible, make a police report, and call us as soon as possible.
The statute of limitations in the State of Alabama is two years. This statute of limitations means that you have two years to file a personal injury claim from the date you were hurt. If you do not file until after that date, it is too late, and you cannot seek compensation.
Our Mobile Personal Injury Lawyer wants to hear your story and what happened. We want to represent you and help you seek justified compensation for what that negligent person did to you.