Body Weight Loss – There are numerous advantages to losing a significant amount of weight quickly. However, after a significant amount of weight loss, whether by surgery or lifestyle choices, the tissues as well as skin often don’t have the suppleness to adjust to the smaller body size.
Following considerable weight reduction, body contouring surgery, for example, Body Lift, gets rid of unwanted drooping skin and fat while enhancing the contour of the tissues beneath. As a result, the body has a more balanced look with smoother features.
Table of Contents
Procedures for body contouring may include the following:
- Tummy tuck: removes extra skin dangling from the belly area
- Middle thigh lift: addresses inner thigh drooping
- Lower body lift: fixes drooping within the inner and outer thighs, buttocks, and abdomen
- Facelift: addresses neck sagging and dropping of the mid-face
- Breast lift: addresses breasts that are flattened or sagging
- Arm lift: addresses upper arm sagging
Mommy makeover is a more complex procedure that includes all of the above body contouring procedures mentioned and much more. A mommy makeover is ideal for those who desire to restore their shape and look of their body after giving birth.
Am I a Suitable Candidate for Body Contouring?
Typically, suitable candidates for body contouring are:
- Those 18 or over who have reached a plateau in their weight reduction
- People who have a good attitude and set reasonable goals
- Individuals who are dedicated to living a healthy lifestyle that includes healthy eating and exercise
- Individuals who are healthy and do not have any medical problems that would make surgery more difficult or risky.
How Much Does the Procedure Cost?
The cost of body contouring surgery varies significantly. It varies depending on the surgeon’s skill, the procedure(s) employed, and the geographic location of the office. Body contouring surgery and associated complications may not be covered by health insurance coverage. However, many cosmetic surgeons provide financing options, which is why you should consult your surgeon regarding the cost of the procedure.
The following items may be included in the cost of body contouring:
- Cosmetic surgeon’s cost
- Lab tests
- After-surgery garments
- Prescribed medications
- Fees for anesthesia
- Costs for hospitalization
Will I Feel a Lot of Pain After Body Contouring Surgery?
Although everyone’s pain tolerance and sensitivity differs, most patients who have body contouring report minor pain and describe the operation as feeling similar to having a spa treatment.
Also Read:- Bloomergblog
Are There Non-Surgical Body Contouring Procedures?
Lipolysis is a non-invasive body contouring technique that can be accomplished in a number of ways including:
- CoolSculpting®, which employs cryolipolysis to eliminate fat cells by freezing them.
- Deoxycholic acid is injected into the body to address fat cells in injection lipolysis.
- Heat and ultrasound waves are used in radiofrequency lipolysis to destroy fat cells.
The majority of lipolysis operations take place in a clinic or office setting. A 30-minute to 60-minute session is typical.
What Are Benefits of Body Contouring Surgery?
Most patients who have had body contouring say the following:
- Their skin has improved significantly.
- They look younger, thinner, and more vibrant.
- Their body shape is more well-defined.
The effects of surgery are more visible and obvious right away. It may take a few weeks or months to notice an improvement using nonsurgical methods.
How Long WIll It Take Me to Completely Recover?
It might take weeks or even months to recover from surgery. It depends on the amount of work done and the size of the incisions. On the other hand, the recovery time for noninvasive methods is substantially quicker. After therapy, most patients return to their regular routine right away.
Body contouring surgery is a surgical technique that improves a person’s body shape. It accomplishes this by eliminating extra fat and tissue. Tummy tucks, liposuction, arm lifts, body lifts, and other procedures are examples of body contouring. Consult with your cosmetic surgeon to see if you’re a good candidate for this operation.