Dandruff affects up to 50% of people. This condition’s signs are the itchy and scaly scalp, but it can also cause other symptoms such as oily marks on the scalp and tingly skin.
The underlying source of dandruff includes dry skin, seborrheic dermatitis, sensitivity to hair products, and growth of a particular kind of fungus that lives on the scalp.
Although there are many over-the-counter products designed to treat dandruff, natural remedies can be just as effective.
10 Simple Home Remedies to Getting Remove of Dandruff
These are some of the most traditional home remedies to say goodbye to dandruff:
1. White Vinegar
- One of the essential remedies for dandruff is white vinegar. This ingredient has 5% acetic acid, can produce an ‘environment’ on the scalp that is not suitable for the growth of yeast and fungi that source dandruff.
- You will require to wash your hair for 4 minutes with a mixture that contains one part white vinegar and three parts water.
- Wheather dandruff persists, you can try applying the mixture directly to your hair, wrap it with a towel and leave it to act overnight. You will only wash your head with shampoo to see how dandruff will have disappeared with this home remedy in the morning.
2. Aloe Vera
- The many advantages of aloe vera for the skin are well known, but many do not see that it is also a useful remedy for dandruff.
- This plant also has antifungal and antibacterial properties that can help control dandruff and treat seborrhea.
- Apply the juice of a cut aloe vera leaf directly to the scalp. Massage it in and let it act for a few minutes to penetrate.
- Afterwards, rinse the hair and wash it with a mild shampoo. Repeat this procedure daily to say goodbye to dandruff with this home remedy.
3. Olive Oil
- Dandruff often appears due to the dryness of the scalp. The use of olive oil will help remain your head oily and avoid the dreaded dryness and flaking.
- To make this home remedy for dandruff effective, you have to heat small olive oil till it is moderately warm.
- Then use it to massage the scalp and leave for 30 minutes on the hair wrapped with a towel.
- You will only brush your hair to remove the scales and wash it twice with the shampoo you usually use.
- Oddly enough, aspirin is one of the most effective home remedies for dandruff.
- Acetylsalicylic acid, one of the essential components of this medicine, is also one of the most common ingredients in dandruff shampoos.
- You will have to crush two aspirins and mix them with a little of the shampoo you regularly use until you get a paste.
- Then wash your hair with the mixture while massaging your scalp and rinse regularly.
- If you are looking for more powerful home remedies for dandruff, try mixing aspirin with a little vinegar and applying it to your head for a few minutes.
5. Baking Soda
- Like aloe vera, baking soda has a multitude of benefits for health and dandruff.
- Baking soda swaps the pH level of the scalp and kills the fungi that cause dreaded dandruff.
- Mix some baking soda with your usual shampoo till you get a paste. Then, for this home remedy to take effect, you will only need to massage the scalp with the mixture and rinse it.
6. Tea Tree Oil
- Historically, tea tree oil has used to treat ailments ranging from acne to psoriasis.
- It has shown to have potent antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce dandruff symptoms.
- Tea tree oil is effective in countering the specific strain of fungus that can cause both seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff.
- It reduced the severity of symptoms by 41% and improved crassness and itchiness.
7. Coconut Oil
- It well knows for its several health benefits. Coconut oil often uses as a remedy for dandruff.
- Coconut oil can help enhance skin hydration and prevent dryness, which can make dandruff worse.
- It could help treat eczema, a skin condition that can contribute to dandruff.
- Applying it to the skin for eight weeks of relieves symptoms by 68%, compared to 38% in the mineral oil group.
8. Minimize Stress Levels
- Stress believe to affect many features of health and well-being. It can influence everything from chronic conditions to mental health.
- Although stress itself does not cause dandruff, it can aggravate symptoms such as dryness and itchiness.
- Keep high levels of stress for a long time can suppress the activity of the immune system.
- A weakened immune system can relieve your body’s ability to oppose some of the fungal infections and skin situations that contribute to dandruff.
- To keep stress levels under power, try some stress-reducing techniques, such as meditation, yoga, deep breathing, or aromatherapy.
9. Intake of Omega 3
- Omega 3 fatty acids play an excellent role in the body.
- Not only do they form the cell membranes that surround your cells, but they are also critical to the function of your heart, immune system, and lungs.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are also vital for skin health. These help control oil production and hydration, promote wound healing and prevent premature ageing.
- A deficiency in omega-three fatty acids can cause various symptoms, including dry hair, dry skin, and even dandruff.
- Omega 3 fatty acids can also reduce inflammation, which can help relieve irritation and symptoms of dandruff.
- Fatty fish are good sources of omega 3 fatty acids.
- You can also take the fish oil supplement or increase your consumption of other foods rich in omega 3 such as flaxseed, chia seeds, and nuts.
10. Eat More Probiotics
- Probiotics are a kind of beneficial bacteria that are good for your health.
- There are many possible probiotics benefits, including protection against allergies, lower cholesterol levels, and increased weight loss.
- Probiotics can also help enhance immune function, which may help the body fight fungal infections that cause dandruff.
- Probiotics have also been shown to help lessen the symptoms of skin conditions like eczema and dermatitis, especially in babies and children.
- It is available as supplements for a quick and convenient dose.
- These can also find in many fermented foods such as kombucha, Chinese cabbage, tempeh, sauerkraut, and natto.
Dandruff can be a frustrating issue. There are many remedies available to reduce symptoms and provide relief.
The next time you start to see flakes, try one of these natural remedies.
Use these remedies individually or in conjunction with other over-the-counter products such as dandruff shampoos to maximize the treatment’s effectiveness.
- READ MORE:- healthiestime