Kidney stones or stones is a solid piece of material that forms in the kidney due to the urine’s substances. It can be as small as a grain of sand or as large as a pearl.
Table of Contents
14 Home Remedies for Kidney Stones
1. Drinking Water
Drinking water is one of the quiet ways to prevent and treat kidney stones. Most health authorities recommend drinking eight glasses of water per day.
Drinking 12 glasses per day can help eliminate or slow the growth of deposits in the kidneys. If your condition doesn’t improve, do consult a doctor who can suggest you the right kidney stone treatment.
2. Lemon Juice
- Lemons contain citrate, a compound that helps crash calcium deposits and slows their growth. Take two 5-ounce (0.15L) glasses, the first on an empty stomach in the morning, and the other a few hours before dinner can help undo the smallest stones.
- It is essential to scrutinize the labels when purchasing juices. Many products label as lemon juice. It contains small amounts of pure lemon extract and high amounts of sweeteners, increasing kidney stones‘ risk.
- Buying the pure extract online or fresh lemons and squeezing them at home is the easiest way to get lemon juice.
- Basil contains compounds known to help stabilize, making it harder for kidney stones to form. Also, it contains acetic acid and helps to break down rocks.
- One teaspoon of basil or juice a day can help prevent and treat kidney stones.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar also contains citric acid, which can help break down calcium deposits.
- Take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with 8 ounces (0.24L) of water to reduce kidney stones’ symptoms and stop their development.
- This mixture can drink several times a day and can be most effectual, consumed before meals. Apple cider vinegar and supplements are available online from various brands.
5. Green Wheat Juice
- Green wheat juice can help flush minerals and salts out of the urinary tract, preventing them from crystallizing into kidney stones.
- It contains compounds that increase urine production, allowing stones to remove more quickly and the risk of formation decreases. Green wheat also contains antioxidants, which help to remove salts and minerals from the urinary tract.
- The urinary benefits of green wheat best obtain by consuming 2 to 8 ounces (0.06L to 0.24L) of pure extract or juice per day. Supplemental powders or pills are also available for purchase online or at many health stores.
6. Celery Seed
- Celery contains antioxidants and compounds to increase urine production. Adding celery seeds to meals routine can help reduce the chance to grow kidney stones.
- Take one or two stalks of celery can also be mixed with water to make celery juice. Celery juice can consume daily to help treat kidney stone symptoms.
7. Bearberry(Uva Ursi)
- The disinfectant and debt-free properties of the herb uva ursi can help cleanse the urinary tract and facilitate the removal of kidney stones.
- 500 milligrams (mg) of pure, dried take three times a day may be beneficial for people with kidney stones.
8. Kidney Bean
- Kidney beans contain many magnesium, a compound known to help reduce kidney stones and their symptoms.
- One way to get kidney beans’ benefits is to remove them from their pods and then slowly boil them for about 5-6 hours.
- The resulting liquid can filter, ideally using cheesecloth, and served hot or cold. The preparation can consume several times throughout the day.
9. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Extra virgin olive oil is a thick and fatty oil that can help eliminate kidney stones by lubricating the urinary tract.
- Take a 5-ounce (0.15L) glass first in the morning and another in the late afternoon, ideally at the same time as other herbal or home remedies, can reduce pain and discomfort.
10. Tribulus Terrestris
- Drinks made with the fruits of Tribulus Terrestris can help reduce phosphate levels in the urine, making it challenging to form stones.
- The herb also contains compounds to increase urine production and help dissolve mineral deposits.
- And also, all parts of the plant and its fruits can be eaten raw. The herb only available in pill form or dried to be used as a tea, although several supplements are available to purchase online.
11. Pomegranate Juice
- Pomegranates’ astringent and antioxidant properties believe in reducing the chances of developing kidney stones and facilitating their elimination.
- Pomegranate juice also contains compounds that decrease the urine’s acidity, making it challenging to form stones.
- Buying whole pomegranates and eating the seeds or squeezing them is the easiest way to get these health benefits.
12. Dandelion extract, Tea or Juice
- Dandelion contains compounds that increase bile and urine production, which helps eliminate waste from the body.
- It come in pill or capsule form; 500 mg of the dried dandelion extract can help relieve kidney stones’ symptoms or prevent their formation. It recommends taking 3 to 4 cups daily in the form of tea or juice.
13. Proper Diet
- A healthy weight cooperated with a proper diet, rich in nutritious foods and fiber, is considered essential for kidney stone prevention and treatment.
- And also, drinking carbonated, caffeine, and alcoholic beverages can increase of developing kidney stones.
- Additionally, foods high in sugar, salt, or fat increase the risk of kidney deposits and intensify symptoms.
14. Horsetail Juice
Horsetail has to increase urine flow to flush out kidney stones and soothe swelling and inflammation. It has antibacterial and antioxidant properties that aid in overall urinary health.
However, you haven’t use horsetail for more than 6 weeks at a period. There are also dangers of seizures, decreased levels of B vitamins, and loss of potassium.
You shouldn’t use horsetail if you take lithium, diuretics, or heart medications such as digoxin.
Horsetail n’t recommend for children and pregnant or breastfeeding women. Horsetail contains nicotine and shouldn’t take when you’re using a nicotine patch or smoking.
You also don’t use this juice whether you have:
- Alcohol use disorder
- Low potassium levels
- And also, Low thiamine levels.
When to See Your Doctor
See your doctor if you’re at a loss to pass your stone within 6 weeks or you begin experiencing severe symptoms that include:
- Severe pain
- Blood in your urine
- And also, Vomiting
However, your doctor will decide even if you need medication or any other therapy to help you pass the stone. If it comes down to getting a surgery, you should by no means compromise. Find the Best Doctor in Dubai with proven accolades and credibility.
Although it may be uncomfortable, it’s moving a kidney stone on your own.
Be sure to continue treatment until the stone passes, and don’t drink alcohol. Once you give a kidney stone, you may want to save it to take to your doctor for testing. And also, to keep the rock, you need to strain your urine.
You might add these remedies to your usual regimen and continue use after the stone passes. It may help prevent more stones from forming. And also, be sure to talk to your doctor before taking medications or herbs.