Are you considering gastric sleeve surgery in Turkey? If so, there are a few things you should know first. In this blog post, we’ll outline the key benefits of gastric sleeve surgery in Turkey and discuss the potential risks involved to help you decide if it is the right path for you.
Table of Contents
Gastric sleeve surgery in Turkey – what is the hype all about?
Gastric sleeve has become popular because it offers patients a low-risk, effective way to lose weight and improve their overall health. It is also crucial to consult with a board-certified surgeon who can help you determine the best option for you or your loved one.
Fame of the process itself aside, the huge popularity of gastric surgery in Turkey owes most to the super low prices, but also for the highest ranking in Google and other search engines. You click on what you see first. And the more people click, the higher at the top the topic stays. Popularity creates popularity, it is as easy as that.
How much is gastric sleeve in Turkey?
Gastric sleeve in Turkey costs around £3500. Gastric sleeve packages in Turkey start at £3000-3500 as well, however, what the package includes, varies by clinic.
- UK, £9000-12000.
- Latvia, £4980.
How can it be, that gastric sleeve’s cost in Turkey is so low?
- Much lower costs of service and locally manufacturing equipment.
- High popularity, but this may result in the dreaded conveyor method, which leaves little time and energy for individualized approach.
- Old or non-reusable equipment might be used to lower the cost of operating tools.
Packages run popular
For obvious reasons, all-inclusive gastric sleeve surgery packages in Turkey are gaining fame – a lot of amenities and prices begin with £3000-3500.
As with anything which claims to be all-inclusive, it is wise to thoroughly check what is included, to avoid unwelcome surprises.
Read and consider independent reviews
Unfortunately, there is also a lot of concerning medical cases about gastric sleeve surgery in Turkey, some which have also cost lives. So, make sure you know all the information, not just hype.
European Union – the safer alternative
While gastric sleeve surgery in Turkey yet remains the cheapest and most popular option, more and more people are turning towards clinics residing in Easter Europe.
Main reasons that reviews bring up are:
- There are strict European Union standards and requirements for all clinics and hospitals, and the control is rigorous.
- Very thorough preoperative examinations.
- Less complications and botched surgeries. While Turkey’s botched percentage goes up to 30%, clinics in the EU have a much cleaner slate. Weight Loss Riga in Latvia (EU), for example, has no record of botched operations. (It doesn’t mean that there are no post-op complications or that 100% of patients easily achieved their weight loss surgery target.)
- Shorter, cheaper travel.
Gastric sleeve surgery is a popular procedure that has seen a surge in popularity over the past few years. While there are many benefits to this type of surgery, there are also some risks associated with it. By choosing a clinic in Europe, which is known for its quality and safety standards, you can ensure that you are getting the best possible treatment.