Heavy cream high in saturated fat, so people on a calorie-controlled diet may want to avoid it too.
It is a popular dairy ingredient that adds richness, flavor, and body to many dishes, including soups, desserts, and stews.
People who cannot eat dairy products or foods high in cholesterol can use substitutes, such as non-dairy butter, coconut cream, or tofu puree.
In this article, we discuss healthy, vegan, dairy substitutes for heavy cream, and explain which ones will beat similar to cream.
13 Best Heavy Cream Substitutes
1. Butter and Milk
Mixing milk and butter creates a good substitute for heavy cream.
Heavy cream is fatter than milk, so a combination of butter and milk can act as a great substitute in many recipes.
When there is no heavy cream on hand, people can use the following mixture instead:
- Three-quarters cup of milk
- A quarter cup of unsalted melted butter
This substitute will not whip in the way as heavy cream. However, it can substitute for heavy cream in baked goods and creamy sauces.
2. Oil and Milk
To make a similar of 1 cup of a decadent cream substitute without milk, try the following recipe:
- Measure two-thirds of a cup of rice or soy milk
- Mix well with 1/3 cup extra light olive oil or dairy-free melted margarine
This replacement will not whip like heavy cream. Human beings can try using these substitutions in various dishes to determine what combinations work best for them.
3. Whole Coconut Cream
The whole coconut cream has a creamy texture. It whips in an identical way to heavy cream, and the two are similar inconsistencies.
To make coconut whip cream, follow these steps:
- Chilla full fat can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight or until firm
- open the can and pour in the liquid, leaving only the solid coconut cream
- And also place the cream in a chilled container and beat with a hand mixer or blender
Coconut whipped cream can substitute for whipped cream as an accompaniment to desserts. This non-dairy substitute has a distinctive coconut flavor, which means it will not be suitable for all dishes.
Coconut cream is a high-fat alternative to the coconut milk that people can use in sweet and savory dishes.
4. Evaporated Milk
- Evaporated milk is rich and creamier than regular milk.
- People who want a healthier substitute for heavy cream can try using evaporated milk instead of milk to lower the numeral of calories and saturated fat in a recipe.
- This milk contains 338 calories per cup, compared to 809 calories per cup for heavy cream.
- However, evaporated milk doesn’t beat like heavy cream.
5. Brown Rice and Low-Fat Milk
For savory dishes, like soups, people can use a mixture of brown rice and low-fat milk to create an alternative to heavy cream.
Unlike other healthy substitutes, like low-fat milk and yogurt, this cream substitute doesn’t clot when adding it to hot food.
Use these steps to make 3 cups of a healthy and tasty substitute for heavy cream in soups:
- Mix 2 cups unsalted chicken broth and 1/2 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- And also bring to a boil over medium-high heat and simmer for 25 minutes
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then mix 1 cup of skim milk until smooth
Using the brown rice mix instead of heavy cream will significantly reduce the number of calories and fat in the dish.
6. Cashew Cream
This cream is useful in a variety of dairy-free recipes. Cashew cream is a versatile replacement that people can use to make sweet or savory recipes.
To make cashew cream, use this recipe:
- Soak cashew of 1 cup for 2 hours in the water
- Drain the cashews
- Mix the cashews with3/4 of a cup of filtered water and a pinch of salt
- Mix until smooth
- And also store in the refrigerator in a tight container to allow the cream to thicken
To whip the cashew cream, cool it first and then lightly beat with a hand mixer. This cream can act as a vegan substitute to whipped cream in desserts.
Human beings can also use cashew cream instead of it to thicken creamy soups or tomato sauces.
7. Tofu Puree
- Silken tofu puree can replace heavy cream in many recipes, although it cannot whip. Add 1 cup of pureed tofu instead of it.
- Silken tofu adds an added protein boost to a meal. A 100 gram (g) serving provides 4.8 g of protein and only 55 calories.
8. White Beans
- Pureed legumes can replace it in soups and stews. They will thicken the plate and add nutrients, protein, and fiber.
- And also add 1 cup of pureed legumes in place of each cup of heavy cream.
- Mixed navy beans are a high-protein addition to tasty recipes, providing 19.02 g of protein per cup and 299 calories.
9. Cornstarch and Milk
- It uses to thicken milk to help copy the grain.
- And also substitution of 1 cup of heavy cream in your recipe, add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch to 1 cup of milk and stir, allow this mixture too thick.
- You can use whole milk or skim milk to help slash your recipe’s calories and fat content.
- This replacement is especially useful in cooking, but it may change the texture of roast goods and don’t whip as well as it.
10. Greek Yogurt and Milk
- A mixture of Greek yogurt and milk is another difference to heavy cream thickens up in your recipes.
- Yogurt is rich in protein and provides a healthy twist to your complete product by increasing the protein content.
- It’s thicker than heavy cream when you add milk to it and achieve a texture like heavy cream.
- Blend equal parts of Greek yogurt and milk and use it in place of heavy cream.
- Note that this replacement can add thickness to dishes like soups or sauces, but it does not use in recipes that need flogging.
- Greek yogurt is also lower in fat and may not provide the same flavor as heavy cream in baked goods or desserts.
11. Cottage Cheese and Milk
- Cottage cheese makes from the curds of milk. It is high in protein and micronutrients and making it a healthy substitute for heavy cream.
- Cottage cheese is a good substitute to add thickness to recipes like sauces. Remove the lumps by blending it with a blender.
- And also you can mix it with milk to the smooth, creamy texture for use in other recipes.
- An equal parts cottage cheese and milk and blend until all the lumps have removed. You also use this mixture in place of an equal amount.
- Be sure to pick recipes compatible with the distinct, cheesy flavor of cottage cheese, such as savory soups and sauces.
- Also, remember that cottage cheese can be high in sodium. If you are salt-sensitive, you want to adjust your recipe’s salt amount if you use this substitution.
12. Cream Cheese
- Cream cheese is one of the cheeses made from milk and cream. However, it most often operates as a spread for bread and the best ingredient in cheesecakes.
- And also it also makes a good substitute in many recipes.
- Specific, cream cheese makes a good substitute in frostings and can help thicken cream-based soups and sauces. It works as a one-to-one substitute for heavy cream.
- Keep in mind that cream cheese may change the taste and texture of the final product. You make sure to use it in fit recipes in which the flavors will work together as creamy soups or cheesy sauces
13. Half-and-Half and Butter
- Half-and-half cream mix with butter can be a light substitute for many recipes that require it in a pinch.
- It makes from milk and cream, but it has a third of the fat.
- And also adding butter helps increase the fat percentage of half-and-half, making it a suitable alternative to heavy cream in almost any recipe.
- You can also use half-and-half to replace heavy cream without adding butter in specific recipes, like sauces and soups.
- This substitute for 1 cup (237 ml) of heavy cream, mix 7/8 cup of half-and-half with 1/8 cup of melted butter.
- People who don’t want to use it can try various possible substitutes.
- There are vegetarian, healthy, and dairy-free alternatives that can substitute for it and provide salty and sweet dishes within a rich, creamy texture.
- Other it includes a mixture of butter and milk, evaporated milk, cashew cream, and mashed tofu or beans.
- And also for an alternative to whipped cream, it is best to use refrigerated whole coconut milk.
- Decadent cream substitute can make a dish much lower in saturated fat and calories, often without sacrificing taste or texture.
- KNOW MORE:- healthieefy