Hickey is a specific hematoma type, which forms when blood vessels break and blood pools under the skin’s surface.
In a hickey case, the suction causes small blood vessels, called capillaries, to break near the skin’s surface. These drip blood and stain the skin, giving the hickey its characteristic shape and color.
Table of Contents
How to Remove a Hickey at Home?
1. Apply a Cold Compress
- This method is best used as quickly as possible after receiving the hickey. This trick reduces hickey swelling because applying cold compresses will reduce blood capillaries’ breakdown and stop blood clotting in that area.
- Take the towel and wrap an ice cube in the towel. And also, take the towel and press the affected area. Follow this procedure for about twenty minutes. After twenty minutes, take a break and reapply for twenty minutes.
2. Apply Warm Compress
- After two days of using a cold pack, it’s time to apply some heat. And also, a warm compress can increase your circulation to the bruised area. It can help the hickey go away shortly rather than later.
- Starting on day three, apply a warm compress for 10 minutes several times a day.
3. Frozen Spoons
- Place some metal spoons in the freezer for at least ten minutes. And also, take the frozen spoon and apply it on the affected area until the spoon warms up.
- Change the spoon and repeat for 10-15 minutes. The cold spoon helps stop the flow of blood to the area, and the rub can move and break up the blood that has already clotted in the area.
4. Use Arnica
- Topical and oral Arnica is widely available without a prescription in most drug stores.
- And also, using it can help speed up the healing of a hickey bruise.
5. Apply Aloe Vera
- This plant has anti-inflammatory properties that can help relieve swelling and pain in the skin.
- And also, to remove a hickey, apply a thin layer of aloe vera gel or cream to the bruise at least twice a day.
6. Hot Tea Bag
- The Tea Bag can also use to remove a hickey. Take a warm tea bag. Apply it to the affected area.
- And also, store it there until the tea bag cools down.
7. Cocoa Butter
- Dry skin does not usually heal quickly. Applying moisturizer to the affected area can speed up the hickey’s healing process. Cocoa butter can use as a moisturizer.
- Take some cocoa butter and apply it to the affected area. Leave it there until it melts. Clean from melted butter.
- And also, care must take when applying it. Applying excess butter can bring insects to you.
8. Using a Toothbrush
- This method helps break up and spread the blood around, making it easy for your body to eliminate a hickey. To remove a hickey with a toothbrush.
- Take your toothbrush and rub it on the affected area. And also, apply some pressure to the affected area, two or three times per day.
- Rubbing helps to remove clotted blood, and the result is a reduction in the red mark on the skin. And also, rubbing a brush on the bruise causes the clotted blood to spread, so the color appears to change in the affected area.
- Strawberries help dissolve the blood clot and act as an anti-inflammatory agent. You can also apply the strawberry on the hickey or eat a small bowl of strawberries to get rid of hickeys.
- Take two washed strawberries and mash them. And also, apply the strawberry puree on the pacifier and let it act for 10 minutes.mWash with cold water and pat dry.
10. Lemon Juice
- Lemons have anti-inflammatory properties. Lemon juice can also use to remove skin discoloration that is often associated with hickeys.
- And also, take a tablespoon of lemon juice. Dip a clean cotton swab in the juice and wipe it over the pacifier.
- Let it act for five minutes. If you experience pain or irritation after applying the lemon juice, use the coconut or olive oil first, and then apply the lemon juice.
11. Banana Peel
- Banana peels have soothing and cooling properties that can help remove a hickey quickly. And also, cut the peel of a ripe banana to the size of your hickey.
- Place the inside of the skin on the bruise for 10 to 30 minutes. Do this two to three times a day to reduce the appearance of the bruise.
12. The Currency
- This method can be a bit painful, but it often helps. Make sure to be careful when using this method – won’t make your hickey worse than it already is!
- And also, use a coin (5 pesos, cent, nickel, euro).
- Use two fingers to pull in the skin on each side of the hickey and stretch it out. And also, the edge of the coin and scratch like scratching a lottery ticket. ( Make sure you scrape outward, that is, away from the center of the hickey.) In the end, apply a little ice in the area.
13. Apply Topical Vitamin C
- Vitamin C is essential to care for your skin healthy and smooth. It has excellent antioxidant properties and may help boost your skin’s collagen production.
- Vitamin C may even power the skin tissue around your blood vessels, which could help heal your hickey.
- And also, apply a vitamin C-enriched cream to the affected area daily. And also, eating more citrus and plant-based foods may also be beneficial.
14. Add Peppermint Essential Oil
- Peppermint essential oil can help tonic blood flow to the area. It may help reduce the size and severity of your hickey.
- Be sure to use essential oil, not the extract that uses for cooking. And always use diluted essential oils.
- The general rule of thumb is to add about 12 drops of carrier oil, like coconut or olive oil, to every 1 to 2 drops of essential oil.
- You also do a skin patch test first. And also, apply a small amount of diluted essential oil to the inside of your forearm. If you don’t experience any irritation within 24 hours, the oil should be safe to apply elsewhere.
- Once you know it’s safe to use, massage a small amount of diluted peppermint essential oil onto the hickey.
The hickey won’t go away overnight, no matter how hard you try. These 14 tricks can help speed up the healing process in a day or two, but they’re not foolproof.
There is always the possibility that some of these techniques do not affect you.
In the meantime, covering the hickey is your best bet. It may mean two weeks of scarves, but time heals all wounds in the case of hickeys.
Also Read: Top 20 Healthy Foods High in Antioxidants
- KNOW MORE:- healthfinests