Highlighter has become one of the favorite products of makeup lovers and even those who are not. And it is that nothing compares to luminous and radiant skin, which is precisely the effect that this beautiful product gives.
That is why few girls leave the house without applying a little highlighter. Top of all, there are choices for all tastes. You can find them in cream, stick, liquid, and of course, powder, which are the most popular.
But with so many decisions on the market, it is not an easy task to find the one that best suits your skin or the one that makes you shine the most.
The Best 10 Highlighter Palettes
If you want highlighters in multiple shades to complement a range of makeup looks, investing in some of the best highlighter palettes is your best option.
1. Bronzer Highlighter Powder Palette
- Bronzer Highlighter Powder Professional Makeup Palette With Mirror – 4 Highly Pigmented Bright Colors – Vegan, Hypoallergenic.
2. Lucoss Makeup Highlighter Palette
- Shimmer Highlighter Palette, 4-Color Highlighter Palette with Contour, Powder and Bronzer, Shimmer Powder
- It provides a natural glow for a more radiant effect with an almost imperceptible feel. Feast your eyes on magical shades that you can wear alone or stacked as you wish.
- It has sound color reproduction, can instantly lighten the skin, cover the flaws, create a three-dimensional appearance.
- The light-toned palette formula is sensational. It is smooth, sweet, and creamy. Suitable and flattering on all skin tones. Also, the pores will not stand out on the face, which will produce an effect similar to that of a high beam.
- Unlike typical powder highlighters, the Kaleidoscope palette’s smooth and creamy formula glides on the skin and softens the texture instead of emphasizing it. It is incredibly flattering for mature skin because the procedure does not accentuate fine lines and pores.
- It’s ideal for cheekbones, eyes, nose, lips, collarbone, Cupid’s bow – where you want to achieve an extreme iridescence. Skin-friendly, light, and soft, easily make clear and bright makeup finish.
- It also serves as a sparkly eye shadow overlay—the formula coat with superior quality pearlescent particles. Even a subtle application makes a significant impact.
3. Revolution Soph Highlighter Palette
- Makeup revolution eyeshadow.
- Eyeshadow makeup woman.
- Mur palette highlighter soph x 8 x 2g.
4. Exclusive Prime Glow Highlighter Palette for every Skin Type
8 Bright Powder Colors, for Professionals and Beginners – Vegan / No Animal Tested Set.
Pregnant and glossy texture: Apply makeup like a professional. The high quality of the intensely pigmented colors offers a long-lasting shine.
Excellent choice of colors: Give your skin the real “glow”! With these 8 highlighters that vary between champagne, bronze, and pink tones, you will find the perfect combination for your face’s complexion.
Easy to blend texture: The creamy consistency is the innovation that allows the perfect shade with the rest of the makeup, guaranteeing a natural result that does not go unnoticed.
Extra specials: It always and everywhere with the perfect makeup. With the large mirror integrated into the pallet, you will be well equipped: even when you leave home. The instructions for “Strobing” are suitable for beginners.
Limited edition gift box: Buy that set now and receive it with the special edition that includes a high-quality gift box. This offer is valid only until exhaustion, and that idea renders the perfect detail for women.
5. Camaleon Cosmetics, 100% Natural Illuminating Palette
- Cream highlighter with a pearlescent effect that provides immediate luminosity, enhancing the skin naturally.
- Its formula with 100% natural active ingredients adapts to any skin type and tone, achieving a radiant finish while caring for, repairing, and hydrating your skin.
- Highlight the points of light on your face for perfect makeup.
6. Rimmel London Sculpting Palette, Makeup Powder – Coral Glow Shade
Palette with 3 steps for contouring:
- Illuminating powder to highlight cheeks, eyebrows, forehead, chin, and nose
- Shader to contour the nose and jaw
- Powder Blush for color and definition.
- Easy to remove makeup.
7. Kat Von D Eye & Face Highlighter Palette (Sephora Exclusive)
- Eye & Face Highlighter Palette.
- Kat Von D Highlighter 0816657020915.
8. NYX Professional Makeup Highlight & Contour Cream Pro Palette
- NYX Professional Makeup Highlight & Contour Cream Pro Palette Contouring Kit, 8 Shades Creamy Texture Contouring Kit.
- It was a contouring kit and highlighter with smudging shadows to accentuate your best features.
- Eight shades of contouring and illuminating for a naturally sculpted look. Mix colors for a custom contouring.
- Apply with a clean makeup brush to the desired areas. Use a makeup base to increase its duration.
- A smooth and creamy formula matches your natural skin tone, Compact, and easy-to-carry packaging for on-the-go touch-ups.
- Contents: 1x NYX Professional Makeup Highlight & Contour Cream Pro Palette, Weight: 2.7 g (each shadow).
9. Revlon Highlighter Palette (Bronze Glow)
- Revlon Highlighter Palette (Bronze Glow)- 3 Results in 1. It can use as a highlighter, as a blush, or as a bronzer.
- Brightens skin with a finish can vary in intensity depending on the application for a natural look to a super illuminated look for the night.
- Silky and light texture.
- Duration up to 8 hours.
10. Sleek Makeup Illuminator
- Sleek Makeup Illuminator 9 g.
- It highly pigmented formula that allows for a subtle or dramatic glow look.
- It applies to the high points of the face that reflect light naturally, such as the center of the nose and cheekbones.
- Compact housing. It includes an application brush.
- It adapts to any skin.
Buying Guide for the Best Highlighter
- Highlighter can be a significant change to your makeup routine. Captures light to illuminate the complexion and give it a healthy glow.
- A highlighter applies to the tall points of the face to draw attention to those areas and help shape the face. It offers a variety of formulas, shades, and finishes.
- An illuminator palette contains multiple options, so you can change your glow depending on the other makeup you are using.
- But with such numerous highlighter palettes on the market, it cannot be easy to find the right one for your makeup bag.
- Fortunately, our helpful shopping guide has everything you need to know.
- To make shopping even more comfortable, we’ve narrowed down our palette of favorite highlighters to just five, which you can discover in the matrix above. For the most versatility,
Key Considerations of Highlighter
When looking for a highlighter palette, you have two main highlighter formulas to choose from: powder and cream.
- Powder highlighters are similar to pressed or tanned powder blushes in texture.
- They offer the highest amount of pigmentation, so they tend to provide a more intense appearance to the skin.
- Powdered highlighters often contain more sparkle or glitter, too, which can bring out skin texture or fine lines.
- It’s best to apply a highlighter with a brush so that you can blend it for a more flattering look.
- A powdered highlighter is generally the best option if you have oily skin because it is more likely to stay in place.
- It can also work for dry skin, but you need to hydrate well and use a light hand to avoid accentuating flaky patches.
- Cream highlighters usually have less shine and shine and instead give skin a subtle, misty look. They are typically not as pigmented as powder options, and their sheen provides a more natural-looking glow on the skin.
- Cream highlighter characteristically works best for dry skin due to its creamy consistency. If you have oily skin, the cream highlighter can quickly fade or melt, especially in hot weather.
- It can be applied with a synthetic brush but generally works best when blended onto the skin with fresh fingers or a beauty sponge.
- Most highlighter palettes contain powdered highlighters, although you can find some with all cream options.
- Some palettes have powder and cream highlighter.
- These popsicles are the most versatile because you can alternate between the two formulas depending on your preferences or the year’s season.
- You’ll need to choose a highlighter palette with shades that flatter your skin tone. Uncertainty, a highlighter is too shady for your skin. You will see a dark streak at certain positions.
- If a highlighter is too bright, it will look chalky on your skin.
- Fair to fair skin tones looks best in pearl, silver, pink, or lilac highlighters. Light to medium skin tones look top in champagne, peach, or rose gold highlighters.
- Medium and olive skin tones express best in champagne, gold, or peach highlighters.
- Deep skin tones look best with gold, peach, rose gold, or bronze highlighters.
- Although all the highlighters are bright, they do come with a few different finishes.
- Most illuminators have a glossy finish, which means they have very finely milled light-reflective or polished particles.
- Although the glow can sometimes emphasize fine lines, enlarged pores, or other skin texture problems, they work well on most skin types.
- Some highlighters have a glossy finish, which means they contain large, visible pieces of glitter.
- These highlighters offer a dramatic look, so it’s best to save them for a night out or a special occasion.
- They are not the best option for mature skin because they can draw attention to fine lines and wrinkles.
- Highlighters with a metallic finish also look intense on the skin. They are so deep that they often have a wet, shiny, or foiled appearance on the skin.
- However, they can sometimes look too shiny on oily skin. Highlighters with a satin finish provide a more natural look because they only add a soft glow to the skin.
- Due to their softer appearance, they are an ideal choice for everyday glow and mature skin. Some highlighter palettes have them all in the same finish, while others include a variety of finishes.
- The more finishes a palette offers, the more versatility you will have in your reflections’ intensity.
Characteristics of Highlighter
1. Number of Tones
- Most highlighter palettes are three or four shades, which tends to be sufficient for the average makeup user.
- However, if you want to change your marker regularly (or if you are a makeup artist), you may wish to a palette that offers up to six marker shades.
- With smaller palettes, make sure all the highlighters’ hues work for your skin tone, or the palette may not be a good value.
- For example, if you go for a three-tone palette that contains a shade that you probably won’t be using, you may be wasting your money.
- However, having a shade, you don’t like may not be a deal-breaker on a six-course palette.
- And you can always use an illuminator shade that is not suitable for your face as an eyeshadow.
- Highlighter palettes are typically compact, square, or rectangular, depending on how many shades include.
- However, some pallets are made of plastic, while others make of sturdy cardboard.
- For everyday use at home, the material of the compact usually does not matter. However, if you plan to travel with the palette, a plastic arrangement offers better powder highlighters protection.
- With the cardboard packaging, you can reach your destination with shattered powders.
- Some highlighter palettes include a mirror inside the compact that you can use when putting on makeup.
- If you plan to use the palette primarily at home, a mirror is probably unnecessary because you can use a bathroom mirror or a vanity mirror.
- However, if you plan to travel with your palette or take it to work, a mirror can come in handy.
For a right inside-light cream highlighter, apply a cream highlighter before your foundation.
While cream highlighter is generally best applied with your fingers, you can also use a damp beauty sponge to blend it into your skin.
If you have skin texture problems, steer clear of shiny or metallic highlighters, drawing attention to large pores, scars, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Also Read: Shea Butter – Definition, Properties, Benefits, Uses, Origin, and More