Rose Water Definition
Rose water obtains from the distillation of rose petals. The art of distilling rose petals was introduced to the West by the Arabs in the 10th century; shortly after, the French began to develop it.
At present, we can find it in pharmacies, perfumeries, etc., made by industrial methods since it uses in the formulation of many cosmetic products.
It can also obtain at home, and very few materials need for it. However, it is more practical to buy the product already made since it has a reasonably low price.
Properties of Rose Water
- Rose water would be anti-inflammatory and decongestant. That tonic would alleviate the signs of tiredness.
- If you used rose water in the morning, you would see how the bags under the eyes would lessen.
- And also, it would ease the headache. Hence, it is advisable to place compresses moistened with rose water on the forehead.
- Its high content of vitamin C would be necessary to synthesize collagen.
- This vitamin, being an antioxidant, would help us protect ourselves against free radicals that cause us to age.
- It would have a relaxing effect.
- Rose water would smooth out blemishes, stretch marks, and wrinkles.
- It would prevent hair loss by improving blood flow and strengthening hair follicles.
- Thanks to its vitamin B, E, tannins, and pectin, it would be an exciting tonic to clean our skin.
- And also, it would have antibacterial and healing properties.
What are the Benefits of Rose Water?
Rose water is a natural extract obtained from flower petals. It widely uses as a natural remedy with antioxidants that hydrate and rejuvenate the skin and heal and treat spots, stretch marks, and wrinkles.
These are some of the properties of this beauty elixir:
1. Anti-Inflammatory Effect
Rose water helps reduce redness on the skin and treat conditions such as acne, dermatitis, or skin ulcers. And also, avoid the formation of bags in the eyes.
Its antibacterial properties accelerate the healing of wounds, cuts, and reduce scars.
3. Delays Aging
It has antioxidants that strengthen skin cells and help regenerate tissues. And also, it conceals expression lines.
4. Eliminates Impurities
It cleans deeply, controlling excess oil and dirt accumulated in the pores.
5. Improves Hair Quality
Its nourishing and moisturizing components act on mild inflammation of the scalp and dandruff. On the other hand, it nourishes the hair by stimulating its growth, preventing it from falling out and giving it a much healthier appearance.
6. Relieves Headache
Applying tissues moistened with rose water on the forehead can be a beneficial remedy for migraines or migraines.
Its content of vitamin B and E, tannins and pectin, makes it an excellent tonic acting by firming the skin.
8. Relax and Refresh
Try sprinkling some rose water on your face and neck every time you feel tired and stressed. And also, in a few minutes, you will feel much more comfortable, thanks to its subtle fragrance.
9. Perfect for all Skin Types
Its components make it a perfect tonic for oily and dry skin or with any skin condition.
What are the Uses of Rose Water?
1. Tired Feet
- It has anti-inflammatory and decongestant properties.
- Therefore, if you have problems with tired and swollen feet, you can use it to put your feet in hot water together with a little rose water.
2. Reduce Eye Bags
- Its anti-inflammatory effect is also evident if we use it in the morning to reduce bags under the eyes.
- In a few days, you will see its beneficial effects: the result, a rejuvenated look without signs of fatigue.
3. Relieve Headache
- In this case, we will use compresses, which we will apply on the forehead soaked with rose water: we will feel relief quickly.
4. For the Skin
- It is perfect for dry or oily skin. It serves as a relief for sensitive skin, and for normal, combination and oily skin, it purifies.
- Rose water levels collagen production, tightens the skin and reduces stretch marks, wrinkles, and hiding scars.
- It is ideal for skin with acne or rosacea, as it immediately reduces redness and soothes the skin. Its healing properties help to reduce the marks produced by acne.
- It helps to close pores naturally and does not contain alcohol. Therefore, it is perfect for treating sensitive and reactive skin.
- And also cleanses deeply, controlling excess oil and dirt accumulated in the pores. And also leaves skin naturally clean and fresh.
5. For the Hair
- If you apply it after washing your head, it prevents hair loss, as it improves blood flow and strengthens the hair follicles.
- And also, it prevents hair loss by improving blood flow and strengthening hair follicles.
6. For Colds
- It improves flu and colds, the fruit of rose bushes often use. And also, that is the fruit that remains on the plant when the rose has already dried.
- We cook them with boiling water, with seeds included, and then strain the content and drink two cups a day.
7. In Gastronomy
- It uses to flavor meats, salads, sweets, desserts, and drinks throughout the old Maghreb area.
- Currently, it also uses for the more elaborate recipes of many chefs.
8. Eliminate Dark Circles
- Rose water can significantly reduce the signs of tiredness.
- And also, to do this, moisten some cotton, and leave them for 5 minutes in your eyes.
How to Make Rose Water at Home?
These are the materials needed to make rose water at home.
- 500 g of fresh rose petals
- 1/2 l of distilled water
- A saucepan with a lid
- And also, glass bottle with airtight closure
- When selecting rose petals, consider that the ones that provide the best fragrance are reds and roses. These must be fresh and free of dirt.
- Once you have selected the rose petals, you should fire a saucepan filled with the distilled water on the fire and add all the petals.
- Distilled water can easily purchase in supermarkets or pharmacies. It is also preferable to another type of water since it is more beneficial for skin or topical products.
- Next, turn the heat to a high temperature, and just when the water starts to boil, turn it down.
- You must be attentive to this step because it is from the steam that the roses extract’s essential oils are wonderful for their large number of properties.
- Cover the casserole and let the mixture sit for about 10 more minutes.
- After that time, please turn off the heat and let it rest for approximately 60 minutes.
- You also have to filter the content to remove the petals and keep only the rose water.
- Finally, pour the rose water into a glass bottle, close it tightly, and put it in the fridge until the next day.
- The process of making rose water is straightforward, and you will have a great natural product at your disposal.
- It is very beneficial for your skin’s care, using it as a facial tonic, revitalizing, decongestant, relaxing massage lotion.
If you used rose water in the morning, you would see how the bags under the eyes would lessen.
It would ease the headache. Hence, it is advisable to place compresses moistened with rose water on the forehead.
And also, its high content of vitamin C would be necessary to synthesize collagen.
For More: The Who Blog