If you have ever had a bedbug infestation, then you know how difficult it can be to get rid of them. If you want to make your mattress last as long as possible, you will need to make sure you take some precautions before and after you treat your bed. Legal advice states that you should replace your bed mattress every twelve to eighteen months. Some folks even receive a new bed mattress each year.
But your mattress may last much longer than you believe if you take the proper precautions before you use pesticides or bug sprays. One of the most important things you can do is rotate your bed. Typically, most people sleep on their sides, so their heads are generally over the mattress’s center. When you turn your bed, you will relieve pressure on that area and help keep your mattress in better shape. Also, when you rotate your bed, you’ll typically wind up with your hips facing the ceiling, which helps keep your room cooler on hot summer nights. It’s well documented that an improper rotation can heat a room to forty degrees warmer than if you didn’t rotate at all.
Rotating your bed also helps make your mattress much longer, or you will have to go for mattress disposal. Because the springs within the mattress are not precisely the strongest, they eventually wear out and need to be replaced. So if you aren’t rotating your bed regularly, you’re leaving yourself exposed to this critical process. So if you want your bed to continue to look and feel great, make sure you rotate it regularly.
Different Ways You Can Make Your Mattress Last Longer
Having a good night’s sleep is essential if you want to be healthy and fit. You need to make sure that you have the right mattress for your needs. You need to know how to take care of it to stay nice and fresh for as long as possible. Here are some ways you can make your mattress last longer:
On the other hand, there are also contour memory foam mattresses. These are the most popular types of mattresses around. This type is known for its ability to mold itself to the shape of the user’s body. It also can make the user sleep more soundly because of its ability to conform to the body’s natural contours. If you want to make use of this type of mattress, here are some ways you can make your mattress last longer:
- Mattress Cover: Get a good mattress cover for your bed. You can go for memory foam or latex. The former is the most recommended one for those who suffer from back pain or other problems. Latex is an excellent choice for those who want something a bit sturdier and more durable than latex. It also comes at more affordable prices than the latter. Always buy a good-quality mattress cover. The cover will protect the mattress from dust mites and other allergens. This will save you from possible asthma attacks. In addition, dust mites thrive on clean and fresh mattresses.
- Mattress Pad: Get a quality mattress pad for your bed. This is a must for beds that children use. This will protect their beds from spills and other dirt particles. Before you buy a mattress pad, you should first determine the thickness that will fit your mattress. Also, make use of a mattress pad that stays in place. This is a must if you have pets at home. This will ensure that your dog or cat cannot climb up your mattress and possibly ruin it. This will also save you from unnecessary wear and tear.
- Buy A High-Quality Mattress: You should remember to buy a high-quality mattress at a reasonable price. It is a good idea to have a spring air mattress. These types of mattresses allow for better air circulation. In addition, you can add protective covers and other products to prolong the life of your mattress.
- Water Therapy Mattress Cover: Do not let spills and stains go unattended. This will leave them sitting on the mattress for a long time. To remedy this, invest in a good water therapy mattress cover. It will help protect your mattress from dirt, oil, grease, and other pollutants. If you do buy a water-based mattress cover, be sure to check with the manufacturer. Some water-based surfaces do not go well with certain kinds of paints. This means that you might end up having to repaint your mattress every few years. When choosing a water-based cover, choose one that is easy to wash in a machine, is very durable, and will not trap body heat as many conventional mattresses do. It would help if you also bought a mattress protector to use along with the mattress cover. To keep your mattress healthy, you have to make sure that your bed sheets are kept clean. You have to get rid of blood stains on sheets or similar stains quickly if you want to keep the mattress clean.
- Change Your Pillowcase Regularly: Changing your pillowcases regularly is another way to keep your mattress in great shape. Every fifteen to twenty days, take out your old pillowcases and replace them with new ones. This will help give your mattress a fresh look and allow it to stay fresh longer. You can change your pillowcases by machine-washing or hand-washing. After each pillowcase is washed, please place it in your hamper for the next day’s laundry.
- Use Mattress Pillows: The best way you can make your mattress last longer is by sleeping on high-quality, tightly-fitted mattress pillows. This will provide the most support and comfort while you sleep. To keep the pillows in place, slip them into a drawer or box that you store your other bed linens in. For best results, keep your bedding up off the mattress.
Mattresses are a ubiquitous item these days. There are different types of mattresses, which are specially designed for every kind of person. For example, there are ones made especially for those who are back-pain sufferers. They are shaped in such a way that they can provide the necessary support for their back pain.