Running uses today to refer to continuous running; the act alternately touches the ground faster than walking.
This discipline, in principle, can be practised by anyone and is usually done outdoors.
In recent years, the number of the person who has joined running has increased considerably due to the physical and mental benefits it conducts to the body.
What are the Benefits of Running?
The advantages of this sports practice compared to leading a sedentary life, are many. Among the main ones, the following stand out:
1. Reduces Contracting Diseases
- It runs the regularly const regular risk of developing hypercholesterolemia, obesity, hypertension, or type 2diabetes.
- It also reduces the risk of suffering from strokes, breast cancer, or osteoporosis, among other pathologies.
2. Improves Health
- Other benefits associated with running are improving the immune system and the cardiovascular system and lung capacity stimulation.
- The acceleration of the metabolism, or that it raises acceptable cholesterol levels. On the other hand, it also reduces the risk of blood clots.
3. Strengthens the Bones
- Impact exercise, such as running, helps the bones strengthen and increase their density, preventing osteoporosis.
4. Helps Combat Anxiety and Stress
- When running, endorphins secret that improves the runner’s mental attitude and allows them to face anxiety problems.
5. Helps to Control Weight
- The caloric burn that carries in the running helps the day increase and promote weight loss or maintenance. If the athlete’s goal is to lose weight, specialists recommend combining exercise with a good diet.
6. Fight against Cellulite
- Running helps reduce body fat, even the one that accumulates, generating cellulite.
- The practice of going for a run minimizes the percentage of fat in the whole body. Therefore, the accumulation of cellulite in the hips area, in the case of women.
7. Tone Up
- Running doesn’t just tone and strengthens your legs. The arms, abdomen, and back also benefit.
8. Helps to Rest Better
- The effort of the race and the day’s activity favours that it is easier to fall asleep at night.
9. Increases Self-Esteem
- If performed frequently, setting goals and achieving them and the physical improvements suffered by the body can increase the runner’s self-esteem.
10. Way of Socialization
- You can go running alone, but also accompanied. In this way, you can have a good time in good company.
- Also, it helps to intensify the exercise due to the challenge factor, because whenever a sport performs with someone, there is a tendency to seek self-improvement.
Possible Risks of Running
- In principle, running is a sport suitable for everyone, but running can affect the load-bearing joints’ cartilage and the spine.
- It is the best way to consult a doctor before starting, mainly if any of these situations occur:
- Spinal injuries such as spondylolisthesis (vertebral displacements), osteoarthritis, vertebral instabilities, or scoliosis.
- Load bearing joint injuries that affect articular cartilage, such as the hips or knees.
- It will inform us of the possible risks that this activity entails for our health and the warm-up exercises or the most appropriate equipment to go running safely.
Avoid Injury of Running
When starting to run, it is advisable to follow a series of recommendations to avoid an injury. Also, the type of clothing, the body’s position practising the sport, and mainly the shoes will prevent problems. Some aspects to consider are:
- Before starting to run, always warm up.
- Avoid asphalt and preferably run on gravel or dirt.
- Maintain good posture and relaxed shoulders while running.
- If you are going to run regularly, it is advisable that the shoes have to cushion and that they are changed when use is close to 550 kilometres.
- Maintain adequate hydration before and after the sports routine.
- Do not exceed the duration and intensity of training.
- Stop the instant you start to feel pain.
- If you have any joint injury, it is advisable to change to a sport that does not impact the said joint.
Running using a weight vest might make your workouts more systematic. Bone thickness and balance are the two benefits as a usual show for weight vest workouts.
While some runners love weight vests for increasing speed, other runners didn’t see a big difference.
It seems like adjusting your running form, in addition to other factors like changing your diet, might make a more significant impact on how fast you run.
Also, You can find more helpful resources at Techiesin.